A8 Owners Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» AUDI Driver International UK
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:35 am by A8_Tony

» Ride quality
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:20 am by RicoUK

» It's been a while
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:33 am by A8_Tony

» Hi there all :)
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 3:01 am by Britrb

» Quads fitted
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 am by LLOYDY

» Hello from a possible new owner
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:48 am by boomtang

» Hello from Boycie
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 1:00 pm by boycie

» New Member no car, but might tomorrow?
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 am by uk speedbird

» Indicators not working
A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:21 am by MiloTheGreat

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 140 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:19 am

A8OC - The Annual Meet Details

+6
CtL
Mick
PsYcHe
thebluewhale
WickedS
A8_Tony
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 Empty Re: A8OC - The Annual Meet Details

Post by WickedS Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:30 pm

A8_Tony wrote:This is looking great guys...just over 2 months to go!! Very Happy

Yeah cant wait.. the Dutchies will be there cheers
WickedS
WickedS
New Boy

Back to top Go down

A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 Empty Re: A8OC - The Annual Meet Details

Post by Architex mA8tey Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:43 pm

WickedS wrote:
A8_Tony wrote:This is looking great guys...just over 2 months to go!! Very Happy

Yeah cant wait.. the Dutchies will be there cheers

Don't forget when you are driving over here you have to "pass the dutchie on the right hand side" (unless youre in "musical youth") cheers
Architex mA8tey
Architex mA8tey
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by CtL Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Latest update:

Confirmed:

Name......................Arrival................P eople.....................Room Booked

A8_Tony...................Friday.................1 ............................Yes
darrenjoe90...............Friday.................2 ............................Yes
CtL..........................Friday............... ..2.............................Yes
Gninnam...................Saturday.............1.. ..........................Not Needed
Rutgerf....................Saturday..............2 .............................Yes
Architex_mA8tey........Friday.................1. ...........................Yes
AVPerformance...........Friday.................2.. ..........................Yes
R8dream....................Friday................1 ...........................Yes
Thebluewhale.............Saturday.............2.5. .........................Yes
PsYcHe.....................Saturday.............2. ............................Yes
CliveH.......................?????????............ ?............................Not yet
Mick (A8oc Forum)......Saturday.............2................ .............Yes
TinTin ......................Saturday.............1? ..........................Yes
Plato........................Saturday............. .2............................Yes
Dave@A8Parts .........Saturday............... 2........................... Notneeded
David@A8Parts ........ Saturday .............. 2 .......................... Notneeded

Possible:

Dezzy........................Friday............... .1 poss 2................No, Tent

Not Attending

Singh (Amar)
Builder22
BillBlank
CtL
CtL
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by DarranWS Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:17 am

Hello Tony,
I will be driving up on the Saturday as the hotel is too costly for me and the hotel did tell me they where not really geared up for wheelchairs. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
DarranWS
DarranWS
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by A8_Tony Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:49 pm

No worries at all Darran, will look forward to meeting you.

Can't wait for this, less than 2 weeks away, and i need to give the car a good seeing to!!!!
A8_Tony
A8_Tony
Getting There

http://a8oc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PsYcHe Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Looking forward to it myself, though a bit disappointed that my lighty-up sills won't be installed and it'll possibly be a bit grubby from being sat at the airport for a week beforehand, though at least all the electronics will be working this time Smile

PsYcHe
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedS Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Is everybody ready for the Dutch invation? lol!
Just replace the cambelt of my s8.
Only need to do some detailing then we are ready to go..
We will leave Holland friday at about 22.00 hour and drive all night.
WickedS
WickedS
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CtL Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:10 am

Good luck. Looking forward to meeting you. cheers
CtL
CtL
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by CtL Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:20 am

Unfortunately not enough people have signed up for the Buffet and the A8oc can't afford to underwrite the buffet to make sure there is enough for all who may partake on the night.

We'll decide what to do in the morning, either reserve a section of the garden room for bar meals or the resturant for a more substantial repast. The alternative is to cruise to the 3rd best fish and chips in the UK, the best of course being in Penzance in Cornwall!
CtL
CtL
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:43 am

Slight change of plan with me.

I'm now coming on my own and will hopefully arrive at the hotel some time between 8 and 8:30 Friday evening.
Mick
Mick
Almost a vet

http://www.lwds.net

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedS Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:05 pm

We will arrive at the hotel early saturday morning.
At what time can we check in?
WickedS
WickedS
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by A8_Tony Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Not sure what time you can check in, but it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

What time are you anticipating arrival?

Can't wait for this, should be great Happy
A8_Tony
A8_Tony
Getting There

http://a8oc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedS Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Well we arrive at Dover at 2.20 hour saturday morning.
Then ill do some speeding to the hotel thing it will take about 5 hours!? Correct me if i am wrong.

WickedS
WickedS
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:55 pm

WickedS wrote:Well we arrive at Dover at 2.20 hour saturday morning.
Then ill do some speeding to the hotel thing it will take about 5 hours!? Correct me if i am wrong.

You should do it in 5 hours driving at night.
Mick
Mick
Almost a vet

http://www.lwds.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Architex mA8tey Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Well sorry to be a party pooper but not sure if I'll be there now or not - the gearbox isnt gonna be finished on the '8 and I'd hate to roll up with half an
eight Shocked
Maybe if i put a new A8 badge on it, it will look like a new 8 until it gets closer, and smaller pale
Architex mA8tey
Architex mA8tey
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by PsYcHe Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Turn up in whatever you have that works mate... Just see if your big wheels will fit on it Smile

PsYcHe
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CtL Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:58 am

I have had notification that the following have will not be attending for reasons beyond their control:

Dave@A8parts and AV Performance.

The attendance list looks like this atm:

Confirmed:

Name......................Arrival................P eople.....................Room Booked

A8_Tony...................Friday.................1 ............................Yes
darrenjoe90...............Friday.................2 ............................Yes
CtL..........................Friday............... ..2.............................Yes
Gninnam...................Saturday.............1.. ..........................Not Needed
Rutgerf....................Saturday..............2 .............................Yes
R8dream....................Friday................1 ...........................Yes
PsYcHe.....................Saturday.............2. ............................Yes
CliveH.......................?????????............ ?............................Not yet
TinTin ......................Saturday.............1? ..........................Yes
Plato........................Saturday............. .2............................Yes
David@A8Parts ........ Saturday .............. 2 .......................... Notneeded
Reffro.......................Friday............... ....1............................Yes

Possible:

Dezzy........................Friday............... .1 poss 2................No, Tent

Not Attending

Singh (Amar)
Builder22
BillBlank
Dave@A8Parts
AVPerformance
CtL
CtL
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by CtL Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 am

I have had notification that the following have will not be attending for reasons beyond their control:

Dave@A8parts and AV Performance.

The attendance list looks like this atm:

Confirmed:

Reffro.......................Friday............... ....1............................Yes

Possible:

Not Attending

Singh (Amar)
Builder22
BillBlank
Dave@A8Parts
AVPerformance
CtL
CtL
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

A8OC - The Annual Meet Details - Page 2 Empty 11th Hour panic!!!!

Post by DarranWS Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am

Can anyone help please, just got back from fueling up for the trip tomorrow and as I reached into the footwell there is water, very unclean water soaking into the carpets in both footwells. Mats are out and they are soddened to the backing foam!! The water is brown and acrid smelling ? Sad

My mobile is 07804 695907 I dont mind giving it out as I am proper stuck. Sad Sad text might be better as I have poor speech due to my illness.
Darran
DarranWS
DarranWS
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedS Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 am

Hi i dont no the word acrid as i am just a dutchie but what i know is when there is water in footwell it is or ur heating rediator witch is leaking (water should taste sweet) or ur aircon waterdrains are stuck see http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/heatac/exaporatordrains.html
witch is a common 8 problem.
good luck mate
WickedS
WickedS
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by DarranWS Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Thankyou so much,
I was trying to use a big word "acrid", but your right its not so much stinky as sweet , but the whole front is swamped so unfortunately its a no go on the weekend and I was so looking forward to meeting you guys.
Thank you for the tips and search its going to be a long weekend as I am in a wheelchair and not the most agile as you can imagine, but never say never!!
have a great weekend!!
Wish I could have bought some raffle tickets!!
DarranWS
DarranWS
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CtL Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:19 am

Darran,

Sorry to here your problems. Hope you get it sorted.

If you will pledge some money, I will put some raffle tickets in the draw for you and send on any prize you win. The tickets are a pound each and the prizes are the £200 detailing box or a free service (labour only) at AV Performance. Txt me on the number I have PM'd you with how many you want.

Mike
CtL
CtL
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2