A8 Owners Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» AUDI Driver International UK
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:35 am by A8_Tony

» Ride quality
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:20 am by RicoUK

» It's been a while
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:33 am by A8_Tony

» Hi there all :)
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 3:01 am by Britrb

» Quads fitted
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 am by LLOYDY

» Hello from a possible new owner
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:48 am by boomtang

» Hello from Boycie
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 1:00 pm by boycie

» New Member no car, but might tomorrow?
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 am by uk speedbird

» Indicators not working
HTC Hero - Recommended EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:21 am by MiloTheGreat

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 140 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:19 am

HTC Hero - Recommended

+3
Mick
darrenjoe90
A8_Tony
7 posters

Go down

HTC Hero - Recommended Empty HTC Hero - Recommended

Post by A8_Tony Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:22 am

Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you guys about the HTC hero I recently picked up from 3.

HTC Hero - Recommended Large1

I was desperately holding out for an iPhone, but it appears that 3 really aren't happy enough with it's reliability to start shipping it yet.

So, on the search to replace my ageing Viewty, I went for the the Hero, and have to say I'm pleased as punch with it.

To say it is quick, would be an understatement. It responds to every touch quickly, sending texts is a breeze. It downloads data quickly. Accessing the A8OC website was not a chore on it!!

I do have one problem with it though. You have to have a google mail account to set up the Android Marketplace. And you have to set this up during initialisation of the phone. You can't go back and do it later, so this requires you to reset the phone....not so good Sad

I've also not been able to set up other e-mail accounts. This frustrates me as it was one of the things I was hoping to do. This would enable me to keep in touch with the club, and other people whilst on the road. So I'm hoping that someone will have a solution to this issue soon

On the whole though, I can highly recommend the phone, to anyone who's looking to replace something old.

Definitely worth looking at Happy
A8_Tony
A8_Tony
Getting There

http://a8oc.net

Back to top Go down

HTC Hero - Recommended Empty Re: HTC Hero - Recommended

Post by darrenjoe90 Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 am

well i have always been a nokia man myself. had a short spell with a sony but was never happy with it. moved up through the nokia ranks recently with the n95, n96 and up to the n97. recenty upgraded to the new nokia n900. its definatly a good phone but every time i have upgraded before the phones have only had a few improvements but this is just a totaly different operating system. now i know they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks and they may be right cos this phone does my bloody head in. i have had it now for four days and i have only figured out how to make a phone call. maybe i will just get one of my kids to show me how to use it Smile
darrenjoe90
darrenjoe90
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Just got a Hero myself although if I can unlock it the wife will be getting it as I've got attached to my touch HD.
Mick
Mick
Almost a vet

http://www.lwds.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gninnam Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Had a HTC touch pro and now got the HD (both with the not so great Windows O/S) and would definitely recommend them!!

Waiting for the release of the latest Android s/w as this supports ActiveSync so it can be used with Exchange (company standard).

gninnam
Almost a vet

http://www.gninnam.f9.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:09 pm

gninnam wrote:Waiting for the release of the latest Android s/w as this supports ActiveSync so it can be used with Exchange (company standard).

Comes as standard on the Hero. I was a bit sceptical as if you read reports on the net Google arent including exchange support on Androind yet but after an update to Exchange 2007 SP2 my Hero i syncing fine.
Mick
Mick
Almost a vet

http://www.lwds.net

Back to top Go down

Post by A8_Tony Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:43 am

Oh guess what I managed to do yesterday? Smile

Sorted my e-mail out!!! Woohoo!!!! So now I can keep on top of my e-mails from the A8OC when I'm out and about Very Happy woohoo Happy
A8_Tony
A8_Tony
Getting There

Back to top Go down

Post by CtL Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm a bit of an HTC fan boy. Recently swapped my Touch Diamond for and HD2. Runs TomTom Navigator 7 like a breeze once you have hacked the exe file. Best of all Apple make no money from it! Smile
CtL
CtL
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarB Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:54 pm

I've got a friend that works at 3, and he told me it was actually the other way round. That Apple didn't think 3 were decent enough to sell the I Phone not the other way round. 3 would have been crazy not to sell it as they have been selling more I Phones then anything else. The I Phone just makes perfect sense and makes everything so simple, I have the 4 32GB which I got free as an upgrade and haven't had a single problem. I'm making this post from it now...!
The other day I had to go out of town and had time to kill, in less then a minute the I Phone had told me of the nearest cinema, showtimes played me a trailer and offered me the choice to read critics reviews. Some of my favourite feautures are being able to speak and text for free over wifi. This isn't just limited to the I Phone though, but cool as I don't have much reception where I live.

AmarB
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Architex mA8tey Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:09 pm

I agree with Amar - I have an iPhone 4 personal plus a 3GS work phone and i would be lost without them now - just an amazing array of apps and ipod integration plus easy to use interface - everything just works and does what you think it will. I was soo please to dump my old HTC brick a year or so back lol
Architex mA8tey
Architex mA8tey
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarB Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Neil, did you get my whatts app message?

AmarB
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Architex mA8tey Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:16 pm

AmarB wrote:Neil, did you get my whatts app message?
yep thanks for the bump Amar - answered
Architex mA8tey
Architex mA8tey
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by A8_Tony Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:07 pm

I've just got an iPhone 4 for work purposes, and other than the shoddy O2 reception where I live, I cannot complain.

I've still got the Hero for personal use, and it is still a fantastic device. Android is a superb OS, and really is a contender when compared to the iOS 4

That's not to say I won't be thinking about an iPhone when my next renewal comes up though Smile
A8_Tony
A8_Tony
Getting There

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum