A8 Owners Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» AUDI Driver International UK
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:35 am by A8_Tony

» Ride quality
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:20 am by RicoUK

» It's been a while
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:33 am by A8_Tony

» Hi there all :)
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 3:01 am by Britrb

» Quads fitted
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 am by LLOYDY

» Hello from a possible new owner
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:48 am by boomtang

» Hello from Boycie
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 1:00 pm by boycie

» New Member no car, but might tomorrow?
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 am by uk speedbird

» Indicators not working
New Car and another New Forum to browse. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:21 am by MiloTheGreat

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 140 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:19 am

New Car and another New Forum to browse.

3 posters

Go down

New Car and another New Forum to browse. Empty New Car and another New Forum to browse.

Post by Mick Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Hello

I have recently become the happy owner of a 98 S8 and stumbled accross here whilst aimlesly browsing. Laughing

Hopefully I'll stick around.

Mick
Mick
Mick
Almost a vet

http://www.lwds.net

Back to top Go down

New Car and another New Forum to browse. Empty Re: New Car and another New Forum to browse.

Post by A8_Tony Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Oh Mick.....you should definitely talk to vwalexjoy on any forum you find....he's got your 2.8 Facelift twin!!!!!

Loving the colour, now get some pics up.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum Wink Very Happy
A8_Tony
A8_Tony
Getting There

http://a8oc.net

Back to top Go down

New Car and another New Forum to browse. Empty Re: New Car and another New Forum to browse.

Post by thebluewhale Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Welcome to the Forum Mick.

The '8' looks stunning and you're not too far from me as well which is cool.

I'm sure I've seen that car before, did you pick it up in the North West?

Good to have you here. If you've any questions we're here to help if we can, if not we can probably point you in the right direction!

Will we see you at the Owners meet?

Steve
thebluewhale
thebluewhale
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Steve

The car was from Ormskirk but bought from a dealer just off J27 of the M6.

The reason it was up for sale was that the previous owner booked it into a garage with a gearbox fault lol! and then couldnt afford the bill so the garage kept the car and sold it on to the dealer I got it off. Laughing

I was a regular at the VW Festival when I had the W8 but the A8 meet falls on the weekend of my birthday so not sure if I'll be able to make it.

Mick
Mick
Mick
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluewhale Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:37 am

Mick wrote:

The reason it was up for sale was that the previous owner booked it into a garage with a gearbox fault lol! and then couldnt afford the bill so the garage kept the car and sold it on to the dealer I got it off. Laughing

Mick

Gearbox issues can be a real problem with these cars. I'm assuming it's nothing serious as you wouldn't have bought it ? Exclamation
thebluewhale
thebluewhale
New Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:47 am

It may well have been serious but the garage sorted it and the owner couldnt afford to pay.

As far as I'm aware the box had thousands spent on it.
Mick
Mick
Almost a vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down